The group undertakes both pure and applied research in the general field of telecommunications and computer networking including computer networking technologies, wireless systems, networked multimedia applications, quality of service, mobile networking, intelligent buildings, context driven information systems and communication protocols. Much of this work is funded through research grants and supported by industry. In addition, members of the group are actively involved in a range of public engagement programmes which aim to raise the awareness of these subjects for the general public and in schools.
Please get in touch if you would like to pursue research to Masters or Doctoral level.
- Wireless technologies and sensor networks
- Context and location based information systems
- Intelligent buildings and energy monitoring
- Communication protocols, traffic routing and quality of service
- Network planning, traffic modelling and optimisation
- Ubiquitous and ambient technology
- Information security and computer forensics
- Public Awareness